Director of Supply Chain Management
This role is an influencer capable of and shaping our product development processes by bringing best-in-class methodologies to new product introduction. Our ideal candidate will also be a master at supply chain organization and management, taking multiple product concepts though the six stages of a products life cycle, including product development, market introduction, growth, maturity, saturation, and decline.
The Director will also work closely with the Marketing, Advertising and Sales teams to test new product concepts and collaborate with other departments to ensure that new and existing products can support all sales channels.
Who We Are
QuietKat is an outdoor industry leader in high-powered electric mountain bikes helping riders gain better access to the great outdoors. Our focus is on the adventurer who wants to voyage farther to camp, hunt, fish and explore. Riding a QuietKat electric mountain bike into the backcountry has a low impact on the environment and a high return of fun and adventure. QuietKat’s team works to enhance those experiences, by building robust and reliable Overlanding products. Each bike is engineered with solid construction, powerful drive systems, and has the highest performance in the field – QuietKat is the “Jeep” of electric mountain bikes.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- New product development, including forecasting, analyzing, and developing strategies to design and implement the release of new products.
- Extensive supply chain organization and management.
- Sales, inventory, and operations planning (SIOP), development, and implementation.
- Supply chain price negotiation.
- Thorough understanding of international and domestic logistics.
- Manage the Bill of Material (BOM) for each product in inventory.
- The driver of product life cycles.
- Quality control and testing.
- Product certifications / quality analysis and safety.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Tradeshow participation and logistics direction.
- Campaign and media coordination.
- Internal product training.
- Reporting deliverables.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in product development.
- 3+ years in supply chain management.
- Highly organized and an excellent communicator.
- Experience in sales and marketing.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Adobe Products.
- Collaborative, candid, conscious, curious, goal-driven, and adventurous.
- Significant knowledge of mountain bikes and their components
- Experience working across multiple brands, managing several brand initiatives.
- Shrewd and tough negotiation skills
- Experience in the hunting and fishing industry strongly preferred
- Mountain biking, e-bike competency strongly preferred
- Attention to detail
- Organization and communication skills
- Director level profit sharing.
- Annual employee non-qualified stock option plan.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 24 hours of Sick Time per year
- $125 Healthcare premium reimbursement per month.
- Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- SIMPLE IRA plan – Eligible to contribute after 2 years of service; 3% company match.
Lifting to 75lb
Work Environment and Conditions
This job primarily operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Eagle, CO (Required)
- One location